About the OC One-Stop Center
The Orange County One-Stop Centers provide comprehensive employment and training services, including a Resource Center with access to computers, fax machines, copiers, and telephones. Other services include a resume distribution program; a career resource library, labor market information, networking opportunities, job search workshops, on-site interviews with local employers, transferable skills information, job leads, and training programs.
There are programs for youth, older workers, people with disabilities, adults, dislocated workers, Veterans, and TANF recipients.
- Streamline Services through an integration of multiple programs, including Wagner-Peyser and WIOA, at the service level through One-Stop service centers.
- Empower Individuals with information and resources they need to manage their own careers.
- Employer Services that recognize business as a customer as well as a source for jobs leading to meaningful employment.
- Universal access for all job seekers to a core set of career decision-making and job search tools.
- Increase accountability of the delivery system to achieve improved results regarding skill gains, credentials earned, job placement rates, earnings and retention in employment.
- State and local flexibility to ensure that delivery systems are responsive to the needs of individual communities.
- Strong role for local boards and the private sector to impact the design and operation of delivery systems.